Saturday, February 19, 2011

Solo Saturday

Had a hard time deciding where and what to ride today. Amy's in Chicago and Steve is faking a broken ankle (3 places my ass). Only 12 degrees out there when I left. I figured it was over-kill, but I opted to ride with Evil and studs, instead of "C". I'd already changed two flats in less than a week, and Steve going down was...it was on my mind. And I knew it wouldn't be a high mileage week anyways with tomorrow's storm coming...all that played into my Evil decision.
There was some ice on the roads, but nothing that warranted my armada. Nevertheless, I got 3+ hours in the saddle, sore quads, and humbled on Christmas Lake Hill and at Purgatory Creek Ravine. 48/15.4
I gotta say, Evil is a fine machine.
And I missed my friends bitchin'....just don't tell them that.

This is what caused Wednesday's flat. I pulled it out of my Conti Contact last night. Ahhh the single life....changing flat tires on a Friday night. (It's a piece of wire)

3 comments:

amy said...

I do miss you and that stupid Christmas lake too.

tainterturtles said...

A solo ride on a Saturday? Bummer. A solo Friday night...twice bummer.

Glad the Evil One gave you 48 miles of pleasure!!!! Tomorrow's weather should be interesting.

MrDaveyGie said...

those lil wires are the enemy.