Sunday, February 27, 2011

Reversal

Rode Saturday like Sunday and Sunday like a Saturday. Roads were in much better condition today with temps more than 20 degrees warmer than yesterday. I got to get Amy all dirty and freckly again. She's not having any problems staying on my wheel, even on the hills. She's getting stronger as I get older.
We took off for Excelsior. That first 15 miles was pretty tough for me. I finally started feeling some strength in my legs and enjoyed the road from Excelsior to just north of Wayzata. We stopped briefly in Wayzata, and when we started up again it took about 10 minutes of riding to shake off the chill. Then at about 10 miles from home, I told Amy I was starting to bonk. I got the legs shakes. Pulled into my home, and everything looked edible; chairs, leather bound books, silk flowers, pencils...fortunately I entered the kitchen first...helmet was still on and I was eating. A sigh of relief was heard from all my chattel.
Obviously, it was a tough ride for me today, but it was great to be out. 48/15.0

Sun In The Trees At Harriet


3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Neat pictures. Winter riding seems to always end with me eating like a ravenous dog. :-)

amy said...

pfft. the only reason you got tired was that you didn't have any food and your water was frozen the whole time. I had several lunches and a nap when I got home.

mrbill said...

Glad you made it to the kitchen, not many carbs in Furniture. Chasing the young, will keep you young.