Saturday, February 12, 2011

Warmth

A little less clothing, a little more mph, a lot warmer, and a few more miles.
I didn't have the giddy up today, but with the great conditions, and great friends it just didn't matter.
Along the way out to Excelsior we picked up a stray cyclist. Seemed nice enough. Played well. He peeled off at Navarre. Never found out his name.
As per ride rule "we stop for flats and mechanicals", we stopped for Amy's flat. In truth, we had already stopped before she knew it was flat. Where were we, you ask? at a bike shop. She had the mechanic do it. So that's what it's like to have your own sag vehicle.
Steve peeled off early too. He had some lame excuse like a dinner party, or something, that he needed to get ready for. Pffft!
Amy and I kept on in search of February rollers. Not only did we find some, but we found, at least I did, that those rollers hurt. That wound up using all of what little giddy up I had to begin with. Still had 30 miles to get home.
It has been several months since I've been that far away from home on a bike, and man! did it feel good.
Riding along a quiet country road, no yellow line, no cars, just bright white snow lining the black ribbon of asphalt, the sun broke on us. Involuntarily the words, it doesn't get any better than this, came out of my mouth.
It was a hard ride, for me, today, but Oh! was it ever nice. 62/16.7

"C" Bike Before Ride
"C" Bike After Ride


Nice Sunset Tonight


4 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

We paid the winter dues, now comes the fun season. Yahoo.
My next bar wrap is going to be pink. It rules. :-)

tainterturtles said...

I'm happy you had a good ride today. Sounds like you got whipped by that baby biker...I think she keeps you in line.

amy said...

I wasn't feeling too bad during the ride, but the aching legs all night indicate maybe I should have. ouch! I have apparently gotten so good at self delusion I no longer properly identify suffering. This might be a problem.

mrbill said...

Sounds like yall had a great day even tho your weren't up to snuff, better weather can do wonders.