Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pushin' It

Temp was 13 when I woke up, and the concern over too much ice kept me off "C" and back on Evil with studs. Old and conservative....what can I say.
Foggy and frosty, five of us took off on the same route as last Saturday, until Wayzata when I opted for a little extra credit. I didn't really exercise any democratic benevolence either...just did it without asking or telling anyone. The route change meant two more hills, and five more miles. We played hard. The studded tires were humming over all the potholes. One rider succumbed to the dreaded bonk. A Facebook post from him was as follows: In Deephaven having lunch. Response from Steve: I should have joined you.
Yeah, it was a little insane out there. Taking on a hills and a roller or two felt pretty good. Definitely felt better than last week. Temps never made it out of the 20's.
Great friends, strange topics of conversation, hard, hard riding got the post ride endorphins freely flowing. Pushed it today. I hope I don't get pushed back tomorrow and Monday. 55/16.6

3 comments:

mrbill said...

Looks like a heck of a ride, considering the conditions, looks like I'll have to definitely get out today and get some miles.

MrDaveyGie said...

awesome winter survival methods, get'n rides in. Studs can keep crash landings away.

tainterturtles said...

We had the same weather conditions here so I wondered if you would ride the "c" bike since everything was frosty. Wow, sounds like you all had quite the body aching ride...but you love it right?