Friday, February 11, 2011

The Warm Up Begins

A change of 37 degrees from this mornings temp to the high of 31 degrees this afternoon. Stayed off the bike today. I'll have a hard time sleeping tonight, because of the excitement about riding in some warmth. Pretty pathetic to consider 30's warmth.

I spent the day at my property in Delano. I was planning on finishing at 2pm, but lost track of time and didn't leave until 4pm. Here's some more of the progress I made. It's slow...I'm slow, just not real confident about what I'm doing, but, so far, things are turning out pretty good.

Got the sheet rock cut to size and put up under the kitchen window. Then fit two more cabinets in place.
Had to cut out some holes for hot and cold water, and the drain.
Built up the cabinets to receive the counter top.
The bottom of the cabinets are flush with the wall. The top of the cabinets have a gap difference of an inch and a half along the wall, from the stove to the corner. The corner being flush with the cabinet.
It was 4pm. I'll think about how to deal with that over the weekend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

MrDaveyGie said...

"I'll have a hard time sleeping tonight, because of the excitement about riding" <---right on. It just never grows old, I spent all night working on the bike, so I can do back to back rides this weekend into exhaustion.

tainterturtles said...

Just think of the learning experience here! All your efforts will pay off. Rent = income, for you!

Have fun tomorrow and hope you can sleep tonight...HA!